At Marlink, we design, build and manage smart network solutions around customers’ individual needs.
We provide trusted global coverage, through our intelligent hybrid network, combining satcoms and terrestrial technologies with digital solutions and network services.
Our people and their ideas inspire our innovations. Join us and unleash your creativity, enthusiasm and team spirit!
On behalf of our client, Marlink AS, we are looking for a Field Engineer;
The Field Engineer is responsible for the work and activities related to installation, service and maintenance of VSAT, Network equipment and other Marlink VAS on projects executed abroad.
- Implementation of pilot projects or new technologies and preparation of appropriate and detailed documentation related to these projects.
- Creation of documentation from installations, services and maintenance of all Marlink Maritime Product.
- Responsibility for completion of the installation with successful operation on time with respect to agreed installation plan.
- Cooperate with other departments to solve technical problems on Marlink Maritime Products
- Cooperate with other departments on operational issues.
- Assist and execute tests on new equipment in cooperation with other departments of the company.
- IT skills is a must, minimum understanding on Computer network infrastructure and administration
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and strong troubleshoot skills.
- Preferably with good understanding of the satellite communications technology.
- Preferably an in-depth knowledge of C-Band and Ku-Band VSAT satellite communications systems and Inmarsat terminals.
- Able to learn and adapt to new issues and handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to quality, and adherence to practices, procedures, and meeting deadlines.
- Fluent in English and preferably other international languages.
- Preferably experience from serving multi-national customers.
- In good physical condition. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and climb into confined antenna spaces.
- The candidate should preferably be familiar with working in the marine electronics environment on cruise ships, yachts, and industrial vessels.
- Medically cleared and fit to work in offshore / Maritime environment. Must be able to complete BOSIET.
- Higher education in IT, Datacom or Telecom (bachelor’s degree) or other relevant experience or apprenticeship.
Main Attitude Competences
- Thrives in a hectic and well organised work situation
- Able to support and communicate with customers in a professional manner.
- Team player with ability to independently solving the tasks.
- Complies with agreements.
- Actively and continuously increase competence level by self-studying and training.
- Actively share knowledge within the organization
- Customer oriented in reflection and action.
- Flexible to perform also other tasks outside the scope of his/her main role.
- Capability to work worldwide, both independently and in cooperation with others under a high workload.
- Must be flexible to work and travel varying schedules, including evening and weekends.
- Positive and result oriented.
- Problem solver, structured and systematic working methods
- Prioritize correctly under pressure.
Work Location/travel needs
- Travel extensively to customer sites/vessels worldwide – sometimes on short notice.150 days/year.
- Must hold a valid driver license for automobile.
We can offer
Søk på stillingen
- Planned work schedule
- Good and pleasant working enviroment
- Innovative and future-oriented technical solutions
- Good travel agreements
- Competitive conditions
- Good pension schemes and health insurance
- Global and multicultural work environment
- Support towards exercise / memberships
- Company cabin
- Extra holidays